10 – 16 Year olds
A fun and innovative way of introducing yoga to children aged 8 to 12years old incorporating traditional yoga postures, games and partner work.
It’s all too easy to forget how hectic children’s lives can be, with the combination of school, homework, extra lessons and sporting activities to fit in. When added stress comes from problems at home or difficulties at school, a child can suffer greatly, often in silence. While music, art or sport can sometimes help relieve stress, it’s not as well-known that practising yoga can bring enormous benefits to a child. Chrissie will be offering classes to children aged 8 to 12 years.
Yoga for children has the following benefits
- Breathing exercises improve concentration and energy levels
- Relaxation techniques clear the mind, allowing for better memory retention
- Postures help recharge a weak immune system and strengthen the core, stabilising muscles in the abdomen and back.
- Posture work also helps tone the body and reduces obesity, maintaining a child’s natural flexibility which can start to shut down from an early age.
- Yoga classes help develop creativity and self expression and improves self-confidence through vocalisation techniques and postures designed to release day-to-day anxieties.
- The practice of yoga improves co-ordination and balance, promotes healthy sleep patterns and allows children to explore their intuitive and spiritual side.
Find your practice
07802784904 – [email protected]